American Roulette Online for 2022
American Roulette is the most recognized classic casino game you can play. The game has a double-zero layout which increases the house edge. The game is popularly enjoyed at North and Central American casinos. It doesn’t matter where you are in Australia, you can enjoy American roulette online real money games at premium casinos.
Essentially, you have to understand the online casino game. We take you through the bets, odds, tips and give you reasons to give it a chance. Let’s see if luck will be on your side when testing the game at gambling sites.
Best American Roulette Online Real Money Casinos
American Roulette Wheel Layout
The American Roulette table layout consists of a wheel that has a “0” and an additional “00” pocket which is green. It has 38 numbers of the same size which are colour coded in red-black pockets. A random number can hit at any given point. The clockwise sequence of American roulette wheel is:
0, 28, 9, 26, 30, 11, 7, 20, 32, 17, 5, 22, 34, 15, 3, 24, 36, 13, 1,
00, 27, 10, 25, 29, 12, 8, 19, 31, 18, 6, 21, 33, 16, 4, 23, 35, 14, 2
The house advantage for the game is 5.26%. The roulette table is designed to be simple so understanding it won’t be difficult. There is a slight deference between the variations of roulette. With many betting options on the table, you’ll have to know what they mean.
Play Online American Roulette
The American version rules are easy. We have listed quick steps on how to play the casino game:
- Check out the American roulette table layout and know how it works.
- Choose to play the roulette game at top-rated online casinos from our recommended list. Go to the site you prefer games section and select the game. You have an option of playing free or for real money.
- Make a bet on the table. You can decide to place straight up bets, outside bets or any other options.
- With American roulette online real money games, you can control the time the wheel starts spinning. Click the spin button and watch it magically turn. The ball will land on one of the American roulette wheel number pockets.
- Winnings will be paid out by the casino. Play the game again if you’re not happy with the outcome.
View Our American Roulette Bets, Odds and Payout
|Type of Bet||Odds||Payout|
|Straight – single number bet||2.6%||35 to 1|
|Split – making a two number bet||5.3%||17 to 1|
|Street – placing bets on three numbers in a row||7.9%||11 to 1|
|Corner – betting on four numbers on the crisscross line||10.5%||8 to 1|
|Column||31.6%||2 to 1|
|Dozen||31.6%||2 to 1|
|Even Money Bets|
|Red/Black||47.4%||1 to 1|
|Even/Odd||47.4%||1 to 1|
|Low/High||47.4%||1 to 1|
The surrender rule may be used at some casinos that offer American roulette. When the rule is applied it means you will lose half of the even money bet should the ball stop on zero or double-zero. This decreases the house edge to 2.63% which is better than the usual 5.26%. The house advantage for European is 2.70% and 1.35% for French roulette.
American Roulette vs European Roulette
Most players want to know the difference between American and European Roulette. The first notable difference is that the American version has a double-zero on the wheel while European has one zero. The European game is what players opt for because of the low house edge of 2.70%. The second zero in American version of the game doubles the house edge to 5.26%. It’s no surprise why you would run away from it.
Play Real Money or American Roulette Free Online Game
Whether you choose to play online real money American roulette or the free version, gameplay is the same. Both games can be played on mobile via app or browser. They are created fairly but come with their own advantages and disadvantages which we noted below:
|American Roulette for Real Money||Free American Roulette|
|Take the risk of spending cash playing online American roulette, feel the thrill of winning||You don’t have to spend money playing roulette for fun|
|Sign up at a reliable gambling site and get generous bonuses||Understand the game better and use different strategies|
|Have the time of your life playing live dealer American roulette||Test the different betting options of the game|
|Use your winnings to play roulette online as many times as you want||Enjoy the game for a long period of time|
|Practice until you become confident to use real money|
Winning American Roulette Tips and Tricks
Honestly, you can sway the outcome of the ball on the wheel. It will be pure luck for it to land on your desired numbers. There is no betting system that will assist you in overcoming the house edge. You’ll have to enjoy the game and win here or there. We have a few tips you can use to play the game better and become a pro.
- Free American Roulette – Even though the outcome of the game is based on chance, nothing is stopping you from knowing how it works. Playing American roulette simulator for free will give you the practice you need, making you understand different bets until you figure it out.
- Choose Outside Bets Instead of Top Line Bets – if you want to minimise your losing chance then outside bets are good. These black/red, low/high, or odds/even bets give you a great opportunity of winning cash (50% chance), it might be little but it’s a win either way. Bets like these are meant for beginners.
- Patterns Don’t Work – whether you are playing at an online casino or land-based venue, you can’t influence the spin of the wheel. Studying past bets or going for “hot” or “cold” bets won’t change the outcome of the game.
Other Roulette Guides
FAQs About American Roulette
How to play American roulette?
To play the American version of roulette you need to follow these steps:
- Check out the American roulette table layout.
- Select a suitable online gambling website.
- Place bets from the options available.
- Spin the roulette wheel.
- Wait for your winnings to get paid.
Is America roulette better than European roulette?
No, American roulette is not better than European because of the high house edge of 5.26. Whereas, the house advantage of European roulette is low standing at 2.70%.
What is the difference between French and American roulette?
French roulette has 37 numbers, single-zero and a house edge of 1.35%. While its counterpart has 38 numbers, single and double-zero plus a house edge of 5.26%.
What is the best bet in American roulette?
The best bet in the American casino game is the outside bet.
How to beat American roulette?
There is no way you can best the American version of roulette because it’s centred on luck. However, you can read through tips.
How many numbers are on an American roulette wheel?
There are 38 numbers on the American roulette wheel.
More Online Roulette Guides